I would like to use a tool that would allow me to easily browse large bodies of source code (for example GCC). I do not need an IDE. The tool should:
- be able to run on a modern Linux system.
- be free to use and free to modify.
- support at least C, C++ and Java out-of-the box, with easy extensibility to other languages.
- be fast (to create indices, to respond to user actions), lean on resources and intuitive.
- be kept up-to-date and actively maintained.
- have a graphical user interface (desirable, but not necessary).