I spent most of my free time this weekend trying to resolve some of the issues with definite [un]assignment in GCJ as specified by the JLS. I just wanted to be able to see zero new FAILs with Jacks, but that goal proved to be quite elusive - I fix one bug and that uncovers problems elsewhere, I fix some of those bugs and they uncover some more, ad nauseam - I had to give up after a certain point and just came up with something that is the least disruptive. All this effort on something that I do not even agree completely with! I mean, this part of the JLS must be one of the shadiest - Sun has just converted into a specification whatever they felt they could reasonably implement in their own compiler, never mind if someone else can come up with a more thorough code flow analysis and give out less stoopid warnings. Sheesh!